Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Well, here goes...


Welcome family and friends!!

I started this website so that when I leave for Cape Verde, Africa (in approximately 10 weeks) everyone who wants to can choose to be updated on what I am doing, what life is like, what things I'm learning, etc. etc. Additionally I will try to post pictures, which I plan on taking plenty of, so you can live vicariously through me:) I know I started this pretty early, but I wanted to make sure that you Montana folks would know where to go to find info on my Peace Corps experience, since I will be leaving Missoula so very soon...

That said, I probably won't make many posts between now and my departure, but at least you can bookmark this deliciously important page for future reference:). Thank you all for joining me in this new adventure, and know that I care about and love you all!!

Blessings, and here's counting the days until July 2...

P.S. I have set my postings to Cape Verde's time zone, so adjust accordingly!

4 comments:

Jason and Emily said...

hey! just wanted to come and check this out in anticipation! Hope you're doing well, dearest Courtney.

Love, Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney!

It's almost 2 am so I hope this is coherent and not to pompous sounding...

All beginings are difficult. Learning to ride a bicycle, play chess, speak a languages; so starting new life experiences will be even more so. I am thankful you are sharing this with us. I will watch avidly as you post new info. I bet each week will present a new begining in one direction or another. It will pose challenges I can only dimly imagine.

You know, this journey is also for you. (Yes, please do your very berry best to make the world a better place, that is our sacred obligation in everything we do). Yet this 2 year opportunity is just the start of whatever you will become.

I look forward to exploring these changes with you as they occur and hearing from you when you return. So blog away to keep us up to speed with all that you experience.

Doug

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney!

Debbie Rydman here...how are you? Your dad sent me the link to your blog, so I'm bookmarking it so I can track your experiences. I am SO EXCITED for you, and know this will be an amazing time in your life. I would love to see you before you leave, but if not, I'll stay in touch via your blog. Please let me know how I can be praying for you, okay? Because I will... you can count on it!

Love,
Debbie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, honey! You wouldn't believe how much I already miss you!!!! I can't hardly wait to hear how you are doing, and the way your life, as well as the many others you meet along the way, will be touched and changed. You have tons of people back here in the states who love you dearly, and are keeping you in their prayers. You are one amazing, beautiful daughter in so many ways, and I am always thankful for your wise perspective on life. Thanks for letting us all share in this journey with you and partner in this service to our world. I LOVE YOU!!!

mama..