Friday, September 07, 2007

Hot Lava!

I'm in Fogo. Enjoying the volcano and currently the unbearable São Felipe heat. I will write about Fogo at another time, just wanted people to know I was alive. I will also write a detailed description of my Maio experience, as well as perhaps a summary of PST and this past summer. So much for you all to look forward to! Big promises, we'll see if I can pull through.

My mama is flying in soooooo soon!!!! I cannot believe how excited I am to see her, and honestly don't know how I have made it over a year without seeing a single family member. I think I might burst into tears when I see her in the airport. It might be embarrassing.

For now that is all I will say until I can post pictures and in-depth updates. Except there won't be many pictures of Fogo because my batteries decided to stop functioning and that's one thing you really can't get in Cape Verde: quality batteries. So all the deliciously wondrous images I have collected in Fogo will have to remain in my head. Sorry.

Hope everyone is doing fabulous and enjoying the last bits of their summer! I am.

3 comments:

Jason and Emily said...

yay for moms visiting in foreign countries! Glad to hear you're alive and doing well!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about your summer and Fogo!!

Lauren Dot's mom

Anonymous said...

What a journey you have been on! It's not quite the same as your Juniors Abroad trip. Finding this blog has been a blessing that I didn't quite anticipate. Please send me an update on how I can get ahold of you via email.

Take care,
Vicki (perkins@georgefox.edu)