Friday, December 28, 2007

Wine and cheese nights mean introspective glee

Hmmmm....

No real blogging tonight, but here's what's to come: Paige's visit, updates on extension plans, my new career as an interior decorator-slash-painter, a boy, and how truly happy I am at this particular moment. Don't worry, I'm sure soon enough the blogs will revert back to their charmingly disconcerting depressive nature, but for now enjoy my bliss with me.

Isn't life great when you can say that even despite the consistently unstable lack of definition to the future, one is still content with oneself and one's situation? For now, in this place, I am me, and I like me. I may not be a fancy overly capable diplomat, nor a glorifyingly suffering "real Africa" volunteer living without the luxuries of bleu cheese dressing, but I am me.

And I really do like me.

No comments: