Thursday, June 07, 2007

Forca, Cinza, forca...

I realized I should update about TOT (Training of Trainers....and also apparently Transportation of Things, for which an acronym was deemed necessary by international development monsters)--the week of training we had to prepare us for the new PST and the new group of Trainees coming July 1st. Surprisingly, it went better than I thought it would. We worked hard, and even though it was all left in a rush with a bit of ambiguity (not enough time to plan an entire 9-week training program), we mapped out potential calendars of what we want to do in our sectors during our technical sessions. We will be split off into our sectors quite a bit, so it gives me a decent chance to work on preparing the youth development group, get them all beefed up for service. Wish me luck and pray that the Trainees are made of tough stuff--eager and willing to work with the kiddies.

I came back, missing my girls and mas ou menos (more or less) ready to get some work done. That of course was when I found out Andreia was leaving for good. A little air in the balloon let out, but oh well. I am playing the waiting game on my tiptoes, wondering if I should keep advancing with my projects, or if they will all crumble...it's getting a little tiring to rely so much on others for things to come through. But that's what development is supposed to be about, right? It's not about me, though I'm starting to feel a bit useless.

Last night I talked to my mom, which made me miss Paige, which made me realize I hadn't talked to her in awhile, which made me realize that my sister is busily building her life, her independence, and her strength. This in turn gave me strength, knowing that if she can step up and take care of herself, accomplish what she wants and knows she is capable of, so can I. Right? Right. So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, I need to jump up and grab it by the horns, find my satisfaction one way or another. Thanks Paige.

P.S. Cinza I think is sick...she won't eat anything I give her and stopped taking the medicine I need to give her. Sad face. Pray for her...

No comments: