Monday, June 04, 2007

Catching up on photos

Picture time! First things first. This morning we had a march for International day for Child Victims of Aggression. I helped make posters and the kids from Picos, Assomada, and the local SOS marched through the streets "silently" (yeah right).





Item #2: We had a Goonies costume party in Assomada. I had never seen the Goonies, but apparently it involves both the 80s and pirates. So we had to dress as either one. I chose the 80s, of course. Here are some pics:This is Alex. She is great.

Please note that my highly appropriate bright blue 80s pants bought at a nearby Chinese loja (store) say "phisycal"--not only heinous but misspelled. This is the perfect example of what China has had to offer Cape Verde. Awful translations and blindingly ridiculous clothing.

Item#3: Taking the girls to Serra Malagueta. I mentioned this in my last blog, now here are some pictures.



Mel got to show off her knowledge of the park; very cool to watch her in action:)



Item #4: More pictures of Cinza. The necklace you see on her lasted less than 24 hours. She kept getting it caught in her teeth, leaving her mouth gaping open in trapped panic. It was kind of hilarious. I thought she would learn not to try and chew on it, but after the fourth time, I cut it off. A shame. It was a pretty necklace.



Before I go: Andreia is officially leaving for Portugal. She has about 3 weeks left before she is gone. Ercília has taken her vacation early due to stress and is now not here to help me get the volunteer corps started. I am a bit frustrated this morning because now I have no idea how any of the projects I have been working on will turn out. We have no one to run the formações we have been planning for the volunteers because the two women I just mentioned are the ones helping me organize it and give the sessions, and the youth have been waiting to start for a month now. I am at a sort of crossroads. Don't know what to say or how it will go. Check back in soon.

1 comment:

Jason and Emily said...

I'm so glad to see photos! How fun! I hope that social work girl doesn't have access to this site! Yikes!